Best fountain pen under 100: A fountain is an excellent writing instrument that mostly uses for writing signatures. The 2 basic parts of a fountain are a metal nib, water-based ink. Many users purchase it as a gift for many occasions like birthday party, celebrating graduations, promotions, and new jobs. Fountain pens are available on the market in many types and designs from different manufacturers.
Choosing the right and good quality pen is now quite tough. However, don’t worry, we are here to help you by making authentic and details information of some best quality fountain pens from different best brands like Parker, Waterman, Cross, Scriveiner, Sheaffer, Moonman, etc. I hope you’ll definitely find your desired fountain pen from this article.
Best fountain pen under 100
We have analyzed product information, additional information, technical details with customer rating, customer questions & answers, customer reviews. Compare with similar items finally we make a list of 7 best fountain pen under 100 dollars ($). We hope this article will guide you to choose the best one.
1. Scriveiner Black Lacquer Fountain Pen
Scriveiner Black Lacquer Fountain Pen comes with some excellent features and it is the New Release Best Seller Rank #1 fountain pen on Amazon. Perfect combination of Finish, Nib, Color, and Stunning luxury design of this pen make it more popular than any other pen at this price range. Moreover, you’ll get not only a Schmidt converter but also two spare cartridges (one black, one blue) freely with this pen in a beautiful presentation box. The converter made by Schmidt and the cartridges made by Schneider in Germany. This pen designed in London, England, gives you the tuouch of Bristish Style.
- Weight: 5.3 ounces
- Body Material: Brass
- Point of the nib: Medium
- Finish material: 24k Gold
- Color of the pen: Black Lacquer
- Dimensions: 6.89 x 2.68 x 1.81 inches
- Warranty: One year from the original purchase date
- Additonal parts: A Schmidt converter and two spare cartridges
- Affordable price
- Immediate ink flow
- Stunning luxury design
- Great and smooth writing
- Excellent customer service
- Perfect and balanced weight
- 100% money back guarantee
- Available with converter and cartridge
- Perfect thickness and heaviness of the body
- Only available in medium nib
According to the almost all of users the Scriveiner Black Lacquer Fountain Pen is Great weight, Stylish, nice balance, feel, smooth writing, and beautiful. It provides one converter and two cartridges freely and everyone love this pen for comfortable (not scratchy at all) and great experience of writing.
2. Cross Classic Century
The Cross Classic Century comes from one of the most recognized brands “Cross” and takes place in Best Sellers Rank #3 in Fountain Pens for its 2 most prominent features namely slim profile and 10KT Gold-filled signature and it is the most appreciable pen for gifting. You can use it easily as a ballpoint or a rollerball pen. But you have to be purchased the Push-in ink converter separately. 0.49 ounces weight of this item gives you a comfortable writing experience.
The 0.7mm ballpoint pen line thickness and the Stainless-steel nib feature will give you the experience of neat and easy-to-use. Another noticeable feature is that you can engrave your name on the flat place on the cap on the pen. You can use gel ink refills on this pen. The brushed PVD finish makes the pen easier to grip. You can start your writing with just a click-on cap.
- Brand: Cross
- Cross conical top
- Click-on cap
- Stainless-steel nib
- Weight: 0.49 ounces
- Color: Brushed Black PVD
- Actual ballpoint pen line thickness: 0.7mm
- Product Dimensions 5.75 x 0.38 x 0.38 inches
- Warranty: 1 year
- Lifetime Mechanical Support
- Easy to grip
- Neat and easy-to-use
- Work as both ballpoint or rollerball pen
- Availability of gel ink refills
- The thickness of the metal barrel is so thin to someone.
Except for some very rare issues, this Cross Classic Fountain pen Come with Cross Pen Gift Box can be an excellent choice. Lightweight and stainless steel nib give neat and clean writing up. In case of mechanical failure, the lifetime mechanical support ensures unquestionably guarantee.
3. Waterman Expert Fountain Pen
The Waterman Expert Fountain pen comes with a munificent silhouette (solid dark shape) displaying great generosity. Compare with some similar items you can found some excellent features in this pen for example; enlightened gloss black lacquered body, stainless steel, and 23-karat gold nib engraved, iconic Waterman emblem.
It Does not come with a converter but came with a blue ink cartridge (Ink cartridge dimensions: 3.03 x 2.36 x 0.47 inches; LxWxH) and a very nice premium dark blue Waterman gift box. If you want to use bottle ink then you have to purchase a converter. The cap of this pen has the feature of the “pulls off and snaps back on” but not the “screw on/off”. It is available with the medium and fine nib, not an extra-fine nib. Waterman has medium steel fine point nibs, not flexible nibs.
- Material: Metal
- Crafted in: France
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Ink Color: Blue, Black
- Pen Color: Black and Gold
- Approximate mid-grip width: 8 mm
- Approximate cap-band width: 11 mm
- Barrel Materials: Lacquer, Stainless Steel
- Filling Mechanisms: Cartridges and Bottles
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.89 x 1.58 x 2.76 inches
- Warranty: 2-year may be extended to 4 years with registration
- Nib is replaceable
- Durable Metal body
- Refill procedure is very easy
- Available with a ink cartridge
- Available in Multiple Ink Colors
- In rare case, someone face problem with the nib
This Waterman Expert Fountain pen come with sophisticated, contemporary style is an excellent gift for celebrating graduations, promotions, and new jobs. You should check the nib with the “W” sign then Waterman then Paris and “F” or “M” sign underneath it to ensure you’re getting a genuine Waterman made in France.
4. Parker IM Fountain Pen
The Parker IM Fountain pen comes with smart, polished and professional Style. It has some excellent feature for example Tapered Silhouette Shape, Black Gold Trim color, Smart Finishes, Durable Stainless Steel Nib. The fine point nib and balanced sleek shape of this pen offers you comfortable, and luxurious writing experience. Though it does not include ink converter but you’ll get a long blue disposable Quink ink cartridge freely with this pen.
- Trim: Black Gold
- Material: Metal body
- Weight: 3.95 ounces
- Body Color: Blue Ink
- Shape: Balanced Sleek Shape
- Nib Material: Stainless Steel Nib
- Cartridge: One free disposable ink cartridge
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.97 x 2.05 x 1.46 inches
- Nib Size: Both Fine and Medium Size Nib Available
- Barrel Materials: Anodized Aluminum, Metal, Lacquer
- Filling Mechanism: Cartridges or convertible to liquid ink
- Smart Style
- Luxurious Ink
- 2-Year Warranty
- Available with PARKER gift box
- The Parker ink cartridge is changeable
- Quink cartridges are compatible with all Parker fountain pen
- The weight seems much lighter to someone
- Someone face problem related to the cap
Parker IM is a finetipped fountain pen. Most of the users tell that they are using this pen comfortably and it provides such a great writing experience. It feels and looks good. The line is not too thin, not too thick. And it is smooth, no skips at all.
5. Sheaffer Prelude Cobalt Blue Fountain Pen
The Sheaffer Prelude Cobalt Blue Fountain Pen comes with excellent Cobalt Blue Color, Rose-Gold Trim, Stainless steel nib. The barrel and cap made of metal (made of brass with a matte black lacquer finish) and heavier than most fountain pens. You’ll get special gripping pad in this pen that will make will your writing more comfortable. Lifetime warranty will ensure you free fixing service related to any mechanical problems. This pen use refillable cartridges. Ink converter is not include with this pen that’s why you have to buy it separately. The white dot on the cap makes this pen more beautiful.
- Color: Blue /Rose Gold Trim
- Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 0.986 ounces
- Nib Material: Stainless steel
- Pad: Special gripping pad
- Box: Presented in a gift box
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2 x 2.67 x 1.65 inches
- Beautiful outlook
- Ink flow is excellent
- Ink is no so wet no so dry
- The ink never dries to fast
- Well-balanced in the hand
- Fast, smooth, and no skip writing
- Pocket clip holds it securely into pocket
- Easy placing of cartridge
- Lifetime warranty for mechanical failure
- It seems heavy to someone
According to the most users the Sheaffer Prelude Cobalt Blue is an incredible fountain pen. Moreover, the color combination of cobalt blue and rose gold make this more attractive and everyone will fall in love with this color combination. Smooth writing experience really great for everyday use.
6. Moonman M800 Fountain Pen
This Moonman M800 pen is representing one of the most the typical example of fountain pens of the past. This pen is available with fine nib only.The size of the nib is 6 Bock steel nib. It comes with one fountain pen, one converter (for bottled ink), and one gift box. The converter is removable so you can refill this pen by both ink cartridge and bottle ink. You have to buy the ink cartridge because it is not avaialble with this pen. The comaptible ink cartridges are KACO, Faber Castell and Schmidt.
- Nib Size: 6
- Nib Type: Fine
- Weight: 23.5g
- Brand: Lanxivi
- Diameter: 15mm
- Clip shape: Arrow
- Body Color: Purple
- Cap Type: Screw type
- Design: Classic century
- Capped Pen length: 142mm
- Click-on feature: Unavailable
- Nib Brand: Germany Bock fine
- Body Material: Celluloid (Acrylic)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 7.52 x 2.48 x 1.77 inches
- Not too-light, not too-heavy
- Suitable for long time writing
- Quite durable for celluloid material
- Balanced weight for comfortable writing
- Compatible with all bottled ink (including parker bottled ink)
Review 4.9 out of 5 stars
How do you choose the best fountain pen (Buying Guide)
There are some basic points you should carefully think about during buying a fountain pen. Here we give you directions and a guide that will be helpful to buy a good quality pen.
Things should be considered during buying a fountain pen:
- Nib (Type, Material)
- Ink (Color)
- Filling mechanism
1. Price (Budget)
Everyone have a budget to buy a product. Before going to purchase a product you should fix a approximate budget. Actually price depends on different things like material of the pen, nib of the pen, design, and manufacturers of the pen.
2. Nib (Type & Material)
This is the most important point that you should think before purchasing a fountain pen.
- Type of the nib: A nib can be different like the fine, extra-fine, and medium type. Different types of nib have different writing experiences. So, you should choose what type of nib you want. You should choose a nib according to what kind of writing you like.
- The material of the nib: A nib can be made from different materials like gold, titanium, and mostly steel. Every material has a different writing experience. Obviously, nib made from gold, and titanium required more money.